Sunday, June 3, 2012

 Summer! I am going to reinvigorate this blog, now that my life as a graduate student has ended. However, my life as a teacher has begun and the school semesters prove to be just as busy!

I've got lots of fun planned away from home this summer, which I'll write about another time. For now, I am so enjoying being at home, working in my garden, cleaning out the garage and moving toward the goal of living with less.

My fruit trees are all producing (peach, plum, pluot and cherry). Here is a pic of the cherry tree's first production, but I think the robins will get to eat more than I will.

I'm also filling in the gaps of what I started last year with the backyard, planting flowers and veggies. It's been a late start with the veggies and currently limited to tomatoes and squash and a bush bean plant. The strawberries and raspberries from last year are looking good though.

This summer I am sharing my house with four researchers from UC Davis, doing work on sudden oak death. They, along with my two tenants, my daughter, myself, Jack (the dog), Oliver (the cat), and Chinchie (the chinchilla) make for a busy household. It's great to have so much going on! Life is never boring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment