Friday, November 6, 2009

Packing to Leave


It is nearly 10 pm and I am still packing my stuff! I've posted a picture of what my room looked like just a couple of hours ago. Now nearly all that stuff is in a trunk and a backpack. Tomorrow I leave my little town of Sebastopol and take the airporter to SFO, fly to Dallas-Fort Worth and then on to Buenos Aires, arriving around 9 am their time on Sunday morning. Eileen, my advisor and good friend, will be with me. We will meet our dear friend, Ana Paula, from Mar del Plata, for a quick hello and lunch and then we grab a bus to Bariloche, which is southwest of Buenos Aires and in the region known as Patagonia. When I tell people that our bus ride is 19+ hours long, they feel sorry for me, but really, the buses in Argentina are amazing! The seats are huge and lie nearly completely back. They give blankets and pillows, feed you, and play movies. I actually catch up on my rest during the bus trip!

Anyway, stay in touch! Email me or make comments here. As much as I love going, I do get homesick and like to hear a word or two from all my friends and family. The next time I write will be from the southern hemisphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment