Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rain, rain, rain...


As anyone knows living here in northern California, we've had a storm sweep through with lots of rain, a bit unusual for this time of year. Because I live so far from school, I often try to stay at my advisor's rental house (dubbed "Catshack, a title bestowed honoring the former renters). However, they just filled their 3rd room with a guest from Indonesia and I thought it might be in poor taste to have some old lady bed down for the night in the living room. He may not understand. Thus, I missed the traditional night of watching "House" with John and Eileen and came back to my own house in Sebastopol. It was fortuitous... and I didn't hesitate one millisecond in clearing my Tuesday schedule so that I could "ride" out the storm that came blustering in the night in my own cozy space. That's it, pictured above. Yes, it's a mess. Yes, I study on my bed (supposedly not smart). Yes, I share my room with my daughter (saving money by renting out two other bedrooms in the house). But yes, I actually get stuff done once in awhile, and I did so today, working on one of my dissertation chapters, which has to be fixed to be acceptable for publication.

So, I'm relishing this day at home with a tummy full of thai food and the promise of some brownies with mint chips, which Beth is suppose to be making any time now ... tomorrow, I'll be back on the freeway at 5:30 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment